1st Brainwork: Intro

Hello! I am Seungmin Lee, the owner of the blog.
 
This is the first ‘brainwork’ posting on the blog. Let me explain the meaning of the blog title first. My English name is Brian, which is very similar to the word ‘brain,’ and I like to think about diverse topics. Sometimes, it is really hard to differentiate daydream and useful ideas, but I believe any kind of thinking broadens my perspective. I love the saying of Rene Descartes, “Cogito, ergo sum.” Well, someone may raise a doubt that thinking is a general act, which everyone does every day. That is true. However, people in nowadays do not try to think by themselves. Many people think just because they have to. I believe the passive thinking is not a real thinking. What I think as ‘the real thoughts’ are those created by a free will of the person to question and to know. Many Korean students, however, do not ask questions and raise doubts since educational system directed them to perceive information.

Although I am a Korean student who is used to passively perceive thoughts under Korean education, I want to break from the convention and be a free thinker, a critic, and a philosopher. Thus, I will try to do brainwork as much as possible. This is the reason why I decided my blog name as ‘Brainworks of Brian.’ I would find the meaning of life through contemplation and anguish.

 
 
Now, I would like to introduce myself using one of my favorite pictures. I took this picture in New York. When I was young, I often looked up the sky and drew up the future. As I grew older, the time I spent looking at the sky reduced, but I still try to keep my dream and ideals. I witnessed my friends losing their hopes when they find several irrationalities in society. I have also realized the world is not an easy place to win out. However, I thought that nothing changes if I just fall into mannerism. Thus, I decided to have hope even in the difficult moments of life.
I want to be a person who gives hope to others. I want to make a better world that everyone can retain hope. There are so many people suffering from violence, fear, and oppression. My goal of life is to present hopeful lives to these people. As a humanist who is also an idealist, I will confront several practical challenges. But still, I would keep my dream and use every endeavor to achieve it. I should learn many pieces of knowledge to achieve my goal, but among various studies, I especially want to study politics and laws in-depth. It is because politics is the study of the methods to form a better society and laws is the principles to perform political activities.
This writing was the introduction of my blog. I want to self-actualize and know myself by doing brain works. Thank you.

댓글

  1. A very thoughtful first post with a warm and casual style of narrative. Good work, and nice picture! If you enjoy writing, don't hesitate to write whatever you want whenever you want regardless of class assignments. Write, therefore you are. Right?

    답글삭제
    답글
    1. Thank you! I will try my best to edit many posts on the blog!

      삭제

댓글 쓰기