My memoir: Blissful young days

This is the second draft of 'I remember' essay assignment. The main structure of the essay did not change a lot from the first draft, but I elaborated on my experiences and memories. The basic rule of this assignment was to begin every sentence with 'I remember,' but I tried to make the essay concise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  I remember the last day of my blissful young days. It was my kindergarten graduation day. I remember the bright faces of my friends, while their names stay in the deep dark side of my memories. When I entered the class, as usual, there was an awkward silence. It was an atmosphere that one cannot feel from the familiar place; especially, if the place is like another home for someone. Many parents came to celebrate the young ones and bless their bright future. Parents were smiling and so did children. I, however, remember that smiles of parents and children were different. While we were in the same place, we had different things in minds. I remember the one person who only looked sad among the people in the class: my homeroom teacher. I remember her last saying to children, 'Be a person who always considers others' position.' She gave a clock to each child as a graduation present because she wanted us to manage our time well in the future; this clock is still on my desk and keeping my time. After giving clocks to us, the teacher gave a hug to each child. I remember the warm hug that my teacher gave to me; I could felt parental love at that moment. This ten seconds of warm hug is still one of the most precious time in my entire life. She told me that I was a bright boy who was really benevolent to children and teachers. I remember her saying that she was so thankful for me to be her student. She said she would never forget the time she spent with me. When she said this, all the happy memories in the kindergarten came up with me.

(This is the picture of my kindergarten, WonAm kindergarten)

  My kindergarten was located at the foot of the mountain: Mt. Buram. While most other kindergartens were stuffy rooms in the building, my kindergarten was like a magnificent forest, a large playground, and a snug shelter. I remember that every Wednesday, we hiked up the hillside of Mt. Buram, and I thought we are going on a picnic every week. Children could scent blooming flowers in Spring, appreciate a dense forest in Summer, touch the fallen leaves in Autumn, walk a road covered with snow in Winter. We had a lot of memorable experiences, playing in nature. I also remember the animals lived in the mini zoo in my kindergarten. When children arrived kindergarten in the morning, we first visited animals and fed them; this was a part of our daily tasks. While some children were sometimes bitten by guinea pigs, we loved animals and we liked our naturalist kindergarten. Although most of my kindergarten friends are living tedious, stuffy lives in cities, I believe those memories in kindergarten will stay in our hearts forever.

  I still remember these happy days in the kindergarten, but I have not visited here after graduation. I remember that I thought my life after graduation will not be so different from these days. I think kindergarten graduation was my first experience of leaving somebody and somewhere. Although I would never able to go back to these days; meet my teacher and friends, blissful memories of my young days would stay in my mind for the rest of my life. Pleasant memories in the kindergarten were nutritious elements of my developments, and I am so grateful to have delightful memories.

댓글

  1. Lovely essay. There is more to be expanded here. What is Chapter 2?

    답글삭제

댓글 쓰기